ESPRIT - Inspired by the vision of technology's potential
ESPRIT® is a high-performance CAM system for CNC programming, optimization and simulation — supporting any class of CNC machine via one common user interface and workflow. Using a digital twin of the CNC to simplify the programming process, ESPRIT delivers edit-free G-code. Combined with ESPRIT's ability to solve workflow challenges with individually tailored automation solutions, ESPRIT is the smart manufacturing solution for any machining application.
Machine-aware CAM programming is a fundamental change in the way CNC machines are driven, simplifying the programming while increasing tool life, reducing cycle times, and improving machine performance. Unlike traditional CAM software, ESPRIT's patent-pending machine-aware algorithms use a digital twin of the CNC machine, tooling, and workholding to drive ESPRIT's most advanced and beneficial features for CNC programming, optimization, and simulation. In short, machine awareness:
- Uses a digital twin of your CNC machine, part setup, and cutting tool assemblies
- Powers our most advanced features from high-speed machining to post processing
- Helps you use your machine's full capabilities
Machine swap: Change the setup or swap the machine, and the AI engine automatically updates the program considering the new setup and physical capabilities of the chosen machine tool.
Setup changes: Automatic detection of setup changes such as workpiece split, reposition, eject, and transfer thanks to the AI engine and its machine awareness.
Short-run and production programs: When switching between short runs for small lot sizes and multi-part production runs for larger lots, the AI engine reorganizes the program to maximize process concurrency across multiple parts, therefore optimizing the total cycle time.
Adapting to setup and process changes, ESPRIT® dynamically optimizes toolpaths based on the the real-time state of the stock, eliminating air cuts and minimizing repositioning for optimized cycle times.
High-performance cycles, including ProfitMilling® for 2- to 5-axis high-speed roughing and ProfitTurning™ for high-speed turning, facing, and grooving, yield shorter cycle times and longer tool life by monitoring tool loads and optimizing cutting speeds.
- High-speed machining with ProfitMilling and ProfitTurning
- Feedrate optimization for smooth acceleration and maximum velocity
- Rotary machining available with all machining cycles
- Rotary solutions optimized for 3+2- and 5-axis cutting
- In-process stock models eliminate air cuts and minimize repositioning
The ESPRIT AI engine automatically creates collision-free rapid positioning between toolpath cutting cycles. These links are optimized for the machine, tooling, and setup.
The result is automatic, efficient, and safe positioning between cutting and non-cutting operations, tool changes, and part handling.
- Fully automated positioning moves
- Short run links: Conservative, multiple restart points
- Production links: Tuned for absolute minimum cycle times
- Respecting your machines' travel limits
- Optimized rotary solutions for 3+2- and 5-axis positioning
- Includes RTCP links for 5-axis programming